Did you know that the Seoul Metropolitan Government established a comprehensive support center for foreign residents of Seoul? This facility, Seoul Global Center, is a one stop shop that offers a variety of services to foreigners with information on living and visiting Korea.
- Website: http://global.seoul.go.kr/
- Telephone: (822) 2075-4130 or 4180
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk-in: Mon – Fri, 0900-1800 (except for Korean holidays)
“Living in Seoul,” an English language booklet produced by the Seoul Global Center, contains useful information. You can obtain a copy for free at the Seoul Global Center! There’s also a DVD and/or e-book version which you can find online at http://global.seoul.go.kr.
Below is the list of services offered at the Seoul Global Center:
Comprehensive Multilingual Counseling Service:
- Counseling on matters related to daily issues such as education, housing, medical services, transportation, consumer services, and banking
- Consulting services in areas such as labor, legal issues, taxes, real estate, etc.
Comprehensive Administrative Service:
- Banking: Opening a bank account, obtaining a credit card, and registering as a foreign-invested company (Woori Bank)
- Mobile: Signing up for a mobile phone (KT)
- Travel Information: Information on tours in Seoul
- Other services: Consulting services on taxation and national pension
Education and Exchange Program:
- Korean Language Classes (free)
- Life Orientation – Life information seminars for newly-arrived residents
- Business Consulting Services:
– General consultation on establishing a company
– In-depth consultation provided by professional consultants in areas such as taxation, accounting, and business law
- Business Start-up School: A program that provides essential information for starting up a new business
- Networking with Experts: Meeting foreign business people – mentoring program